Before you start the application process you must have the following:
- A copy of your Dr’s note (please click here for the wording for your Dr’s note)?
- A copy of your household’s income as proof that you will be able to care for your service dog’s costs going forward. e.g. current pay stub, current months bank statement? Click here for an approximate cost for your service dog per year.
- It is very important to make sure your service dog has a good foundation. Our K9heroes deserve the best positive start. Please sign up with Scholars in Collars to start your journey.
- Do you live in a smoke free household?
- Can you dedicate 1 hour a day to exercising your dog?
- Are you prepared to keep up the training required to keep your service dog’s skills sharp?
- Provide 2 personal references.
If you can answer all the above questions then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more about the application process and to scheduled an in-person or telephone interview.